This is my first Paleo treat! Not to mention it’s raw and vegan too.
Who am I?I saw this recipe on Style Activist and I immediately went out to buy the ingredients. It’s super easy, no bake, delicious, and healthy. What more could you want?
Raw Salted Caramel Macaroons
From Style Activist
1/2 cup medjool dates, soaked for 30 minutes and pitted
1 generous cup shredded unsweetened coconut
6 Tbsp. almond meal (the real stuff with specks and skin – can be found at Trader Joes)
2 Tbsp. grade B maple syrup
2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Soak dates in water for 30 minutes, then remove the pits.
- Put the dates, shredded coconut, almond meal, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract in the food processor. Pulse several times until it all combines.
- Then add 1/2 tsp. salt and pulse a few more times until a dough forms.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop 1 Tbsp. portions of the dough and roll into a ball with your hands.
- Make sure to work quickly as the mixture is soft and will start to melt.
- Set in the fridge to rest for 15-20 minutes, or overnight, and then eat up!