This past weekend my boyfriend and I went to Brooklyn Girl Eatery in Mission Hills, San Diego. This is one of his favorite restaurants, and little did I know he was holding out on a gem of a “New American” restaurant! From the eclectic decor and clashing “thrifted” furniture, to the endless appetizing menu options, I think I might have a new favorite restaurant. One of the menu items we shared was the “All Kale Caesar!” (Lemon, Anchovies, Croutons, Parmesan, Bacon & Eggs) which has inspired today’s recipe — my Paleo take.
Paleo Caesar Dressing
1 can anchovies, drained
4 Tbsp. dijon mustard
1 egg yolk, pasteurized
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/2 lemon, juice of
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a food processor, blend together the anchovies, mustard, egg yolk, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Turn the food processor on low and slowly pour in the olive oil until the dressing emulsifies.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix one last time.
- Pour into a container and let the dressing refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Toss all ingredients together. Option to top and serve with grilled chicken breast.