Happy Friday! I am so glad today is a rest day because this week has been kicking me in the butt! Thank god for oversized iced coffees and the promise of Christmas break in a couple weeks.
“holla for a dolla and a free trenta iced coffee” selfie
Speaking of Christmas…when do pumpkins become obsolete? I’m feeling like it’s around Christmas time, because when I was younger we’d always save our halloween pumpkins, paint them gold and silver, and keep them around for all of the holidays. Regardless, today I’m sharing a pumpkin recipe that I prepped this past weekend in several mason jars. It’s a breakfast-y combination of both savory and sweet. ‘Tis the season to season your quinoa with cinnamon! Enjoy.
Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Parfait
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
1 cup greek yogurt
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
Pecans for garnish
- Prepare quinoa according to directions. Once complete, chill and season with cinnamon.
- While cooking, mix yogurt, pumpkin and pumpkin spice together.
- Spoon 2 generous scoops of yogurt into the bottom of the glass/jar
- Layer with 1/4 cup quinoa.
- Alternate between layering yogurt and quinoa until you have 3 layers of yogurt and 2 layers of quinoa.
- Garnish with pecans.