If we’ve eaten together after a long run, you probably know one of my favorite places to go is the Naked Cafe. And if we’ve gone together, you already know I order the same thing, always: the Plate of Prosperity. And if eating the same thing routinely wasn’t enough (even 2 times in a row last weekend), I had to go and make my own version so I could eat it any and everyday. This is a his* and hers variation because 1. I increased the amount of eggs and sausage for him, and 2. used a flour tortilla instead because I didn’t know how he would feel about sprouted wheat tortillas.
Homemade Plate of Prosperity
2 generous handfuls of power greens
4 egg whites (*6 egg whites for him)
1 chicken sausage (*2 sausages for him)
1 Tbsp. guacamole
1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
1 Tbsp. salsa (*optional for him)
1 sprouted wheat tortilla (*flour tortilla for him)
- Over medium heat, sauté the power greens. Once the greens have wilted, add the egg whites.
- Let the eggs cook for up to a minute or until the bottom starts to set.
- Cook, continually moving eggs with the spatula, just until eggs are set, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Separately, follow the instructions for cooking the sausage. Slice and add to the scramble.
- Remove from heat and top with guacamole.
- Serve with a side of quinoa, salsa, and tortilla.