Last week for my running club we had a chocolate chip cookie throw-down. In true Bobby Flay fashion there was no question I had to THROW IT DOWN. I resorted to my tried and true chocolate chip cookie recipe…and I won! Spoiler alert: these cookies are not healthy. These come out of the oven amazingly beautiful and break apart into ooey gooey halves. There is about a 5:1 ratio of chips to dough. However, this is the only type of cookie worth eating if you like every bite to have a chip and don’t want to waste your cookie calories on empty cookie space!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electic mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smoothly blended (one minute). Add the egg and vanilla and mix until blended (one minute). On low speed, add the flour mixture, mixing until it is incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Use a tablespoon to drop heaping spoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies 3 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies one sheet at a time until the edges are lightly browned and the centers are golden, about 15 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 10 minutes.