This burger was inspired by the burger my bf ordered (and I was soooo tempted to) at Nick’s Laguna Beach. I thought it was so inventive to put a burger on an English muffin! Although their English muffin was homemade, this one really hit the spot in my opinion.
English Muffin Burgers
1 lb of ground beef
4 English muffins
4 slices of
1 hass avocado
2 romaine leaves
2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce (I used Carolina’s Gold BBQ sauce from Trader Joes)
- Divide the meat into 4 sections. Form patties and season.
- Over medium heat, cook the burger patties until desired done-ness is achieved. Top each burger with a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Toast the English muffin “buns.”
- Spread 1/2 Tbsp. of barbecue sauce on the top side of each of the English muffins.
- Cut the romaine leaves in half, and the avocado into fourths (then slice).
- On the bottom English muffin, layer the lettuce, burger patty with cheese, and avocado.
- Top with BBQ sauced English muffin.
These Cajun fries were inspired by the fries they apparently have at Five Guys. I wouldn’t know, but it was put in as a request by my bf for “a healthy version of Five Guys fries.”
Cajun Baked Fries
1 lb golden potatoes
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Cajun seasoning salt
Old Bay seasoning
Trader Joe’s Everyday seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut potatoes in length-wise, and then into thin matchsticks.
- Toss with olive oil and then coat with a heavy hand all of the seasonings.
- Spread across baking sheet and cook for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.