First off, my comments button has finally been fixed! So go right on ahead and leave me a comment 😉
And now…here’s what I’ve cooked up for this week:
Breakfast – Green Protein Smoothie + iced coffee
Snack 1 – Greek Yogurt Filled Cantaloupe
Lunch – My Big Fat Vegan Bowl
Snack 2 – 3-Ingredient Waffle
Dinner – TBD
Additional snack (if necessary) – Peanut Butter & Oat Bar
Green Protein Smoothie
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 handfuls of spinach
1 cup frozen tropical fruit
1 handful ice cubes
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- Place everything in a blender and blend until you reach a nice and smooth consistency.
Greek Yogurt Filled Cantaloupe
1 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- Remove seeds from the cantaloupe. Add in scoop of Greek yogurt.
- Drizzle lightly with honey and top with a sprinkle of granola.
My Big Fat Vegan Bowl
Adapted from Oh She Glows’ Big Vegan Bowl
INGREDIENTS (for each bowl):
2 cups kale
1/2 cup cruciferous green blend (from Trader Joe’s)
1/2 cup harvest grain blend, cooked (from Trader Joe’s)
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup roasted chickpeas*
1/2 cup roasted sweet potato*
1/2 avocado, cubed
1 Tbsp. eggplant hummus
2 Tbsp. tangerine vinaigrette
1 tsp. hemp hearts
1/2 tsp. Sol Raiz Organics Maca
- Toss kale and cruciferous green blend with tangerine vinaigrette. Assemble the bowl with the rest of the ingredients listed above.
*To roast the chickpeas: Drain and toss 2 cans of chickpeas with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 45 minutes at 400 degrees F.
*To roast the sweet potato: Wash and cut 4 medium-large sweet potatoes. Toss with 2 Tbsp. of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 1 hour at 400 degrees F.
3 Ingredient Waffle
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 egg white
Splash of almond milk (Optional. Add if mixture is too dry.)
- Heat waffle iron.
- Place all ingredients (oats, banana, eggs) in a blender. Blend until combined.
- Pour over hot waffle iron.
- Cook for 3 minutes.