There are some new things getting me going this week:
- Cold brew coffee. I wish I could bottle this up, but I mean, it already is bottled. I think I’d just like to drink it and rebottle it just so I can drink it over and over!
- Hibiscus tea over ice. Does anyone know what the health benefits are of hibiscus tea? I remember it being something, but now I can’t find exactly what I thought it was.
- Trader Joe’s peanut butter with flax and chia seeds. This texture is divine! And it almost tastes like dessert.
- Maca in my salad/my salad this week in general. I was skeptical that I was adding too much but something about everything just works!
Breakfast – Green smoothie + cold brew coffee w/almond milk
Snack 1 – Greek yogurt with fruit and PB
Lunch – Power greens salad
Snack 2 – Banana with peanut butter
Dinner – TBD
Green Smoothie – this week’s
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 cup frozen kale
1 cup frozen tropical fruit
1 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- Place everything in a blender and blend until you reach a nice and smooth consistency.
Greek yogurt with fruit and PB
1 cup plain 0% greek yogurt
1 yellow peach, chopped
1 Tbsp. peanut butter with flax and chia seeds
- Layer all ingredients in a container.
Power Greens Salad
1 1/2 cups power greens
1/2 cup harvest grain blend (from Trader Joe’s)
1/2 cup baby carrots, chopped
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
1/5 of a hot house cucumber, sliced
1 Tbsp. eggplant hummus
2 Tbsp. Avocado Vinaigrette
1 tsp. hemp hearts
1 tsp. Sol Raiz Organics maca
- Toss power greens with avocado vinaigrette. Assemble the salad with the rest of the ingredients listed above.
What are you eating this week?