This week I’m trying a bunch of new recipes. Actually, they’re all of the recipes that I prescribed for Gary’s meal plan this week. And they aren’t half bad, if I do say so myself This is a quick, healthy, and easy one I threw together Sunday night. Since I don’t like onions or garlic, it eliminated a lot of the ingredients, haha. Fortunately, this was still flavorful and delicious!
Turkey & Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1 cup water
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb. lean ground turkey, Italian-seasoning
salt & pepper
1 cup canned tomato sauce
1/2 cup baby spinach
4 bell pepper, with seeds and membranes removed
Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- In a small saucepan, combine the quinoa and water with
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add in the turkey and Italian seasoning, and cook until no longer pink. Stir in the tomato sauce and spinach.
- Combine the cooked quinoa and turkey mixture. Spoon into the 4 hollow pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the peppers are tender.
- During the last 5 minutes, top each pepper with a pinch of mozzarella cheese.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!