Brunch is a big thing, and I’m a huge fan! While going out for brunch can be fun, making your own brunch can be gratifying too…
I’ve run into a couple conversations recently with friends about my last brunch Instagram, and how they thought my boyfriend and I went out to eat. However, I am proud to say…I made this brunch myself! After googling “luxurious ass breakfast” and scrolling through Instagram for inspiration, I just decided to take a play on our traditional eggs, bacon and toast for a decadent dish that was definitely filling enough to withstand the 2-meal span brunch represents.
Luxurious A** Breakfast
Makes 2 servings
4 slices of bacon
3 tsp. olive oil, separated
Garlic, minced or finely chopped
2 ciabatta rolls
1 hass avocado
1 heirloom tomato, sliced
2 cups arugula
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a cast iron skillet (or other) cook bacon over medium heat. In the meantime, heat 1 tsp. olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook until golden brown. Add frozen hash browns and cook according to the directions.
- Poach eggs. See instructions here.
- Slice and toast ciabatta rolls.
- Slice avocado and smash 1/4 on each half of the ciabatta (4 halves total)
- Slice heirloom tomato into 4 slices.
- Toss arugula in 2 tsp. olive oil.
- To plate: Top each avocado ciabatta roll with one heirloom tomato slice, and one poached egg. Divide the bacon, hash browns and arugula evenly and add to plate.
TIP– Add minced or finely chopped garlic to your frozen hash browns to make them taste restaurant quality.
Brunch is one of our favorite meals and with this combo of ingredients, no matter how you prepare it, you can never go wrong! P.S. feel free to add your own mimosas or iced coffees to accompany this dish 😉