Who brings micro-greens camping? In our attempts to make our Malibu camping trip as gourmet as possible, London and I sought out to make our favorite Pandora’s Pizza (the Jupiter from Pandora’s Pizza in Leucadia) camp style. After doing some research and using this REI blog for inspiration, with some trial and error (and a lot of fire play), we ended up with the most delicious and well deserved pizza!
Pre-made pizza dough
1/2 fresh mozzarella ball
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
4 fresh basil leaves
1 pinch microgreens
What you’ll also need:
Cast iron skillet
Wood burning fire
- Start fire.
- Prep ingredients (slice mozzarella into rounds, halve cherry tomatoes, chop basil, cube avocado).
- Preheat pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Layout pizza crust in pan and top with cheese, cherry tomatoes and basil.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then cover with lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with microgreens and avocado, then serve.