Planning ahead, London and I knew we wanted to make a slightly elevated camp breakfast (especially following our camp pizza). After searching for inspiration, egg-in-a-hole kind of just popped into our heads. Just a few ingredients made an easy spin on the classic egg and toast breakfast. This breakfast ended up being very substantial, keeping us full until well after our hike! But I’m not gunna lie, we did kind of kill an entire package of bacon between the two of us… 😛
1 slice of bread
1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Cut a hole from the center of the slice of bread.
- Turn on camp stove and heat pan over medium-low heat with olive oil.
- Place the piece of bread in the pan. Crack the egg directly into the center of the hole, and cook until the egg sets on the bottom, around 1 minute.
- Flip it over and cook until the yolk feels soft.
- Remove from heat and serve with bacon and ketchup