This is a post I did last year, looking back at 2014. I thought it would be fun to take a look at what I wanted to achieve in 2015, and set some goals for 2016.
This year seriously flew by. But looking back I feel very satisfied and accomplished. I qualified for Boston, got to experience a big city marathon, and ran my first ultramarathon.
- Qualify for Boston (3:35 marathon): Mountains 2 Beach Marathon
- Qualify for NYC Marathon (1:30 half): I didn’t qualify but I did end up running the NYC Marathon this year!
- Start swimming again: this lasted for about 1-2 months in the beginning of year…
- Do a (sprint) tri: No, lol. Maybe next year
- Find balance with working hard and having fun!: always a work in progress, but pretty happy with my current state.
And recently, outside of blogging, I found on my computer notepad my “bucket list” for 2015 (which I apparently only got around to putting two items):
- Learn how to surf: success
- Go camping: success
(both captured in my post, The Summer I Didn’t Run)
- Have more weekend adventures
- Get outside more than just running
- Do more yoga
- Read more books
- Qualify for Boston, again (this time with 3:32 or sub marathon)
- Run more ultras!!!
What are you goals for this new year?