Hello. Have you heard my cries/tweets for help? For the past 2 weeks I have been a victim of juvenile acne, searching for a cure. It is true. My skin is so embarrassing, I’m so thankful “pizza face” is not a thing anymore, or that I’m an adult so it’s inappropriate for anyone to call me that.
Anyways, I desperately bought everything (meaning 2 products) at Brazilia that the girl who shaped my unruly muppet eyebrows suggested for my poor skin.
So with all this new product, I thought I’d show off what’s in my makeup bag. Now that I look at it, this looks like a lot of stuff. But mostly I’ll get into something, think it’s a great idea, stick with it for a while, and then just get tired of how cumbersome it becomes (or just seems to me). I’d much rather be running and/or cooking! Honestly, if I could (and if my skin would clear up and allow), I’d go makeup free every day. This portion of my “getting ready” takes so long because I dread/dillydally putting on makeup. I get so easily distracted.
Anyways, I do not claim to know anything about makeup or beauty. I’m more of the drug-store kinda girl, who actually just recently graduated (as in, last weekend when I splurged on some “department store makeup” essentials). I finally have a full set of “big girl makeup” because last Christmas I also decided I wanted to stop looking 16 years old, and that makeup was the solution. So I dropped some $$$ at Sephora for a few staples that I had been missing – e.g. eyeshadow palette, decent blush, bronzer, etc.
Here’s what I use, morning – day – night. I basically look the same all the time. Except for when I have zit cream smeared over the entire surface of my forehead 😛 Then, as my bf likes to say, I look like an “Indian going to war.”
- Acidophilus Probiotic Facial Cream- said to replenish good bacteria back into your skin. Thing one from Brazilia.
- CND Solar Oil – for my horrendous hang-nails.
- Clinique Almost Powder Makeup – my first powder compact that actually matches my skin…what a concept!
- Covergirl LashExact Mascara – cuz I’m a basic betch.
- NARS Blush in Orgasm – it’s so pretty.
- Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream – I was using this before I got the bacteria cream.
- Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup – again, first lotion to match my skin.
- Sephora Brushes – “PRO Angled blush” and “must-have powder shadow.”
- Slanted Tweezers – my favorite for a good grip.
- Two-Faced Natural Eye Palette – the only eyeshadow you will ever need.
- Sephora Baked Sculpting Trio – for bronzing and highlighting, when I feel like it.
- Tom’s Honeysuckle Deodorant – the scent is pleasant and doesn’t remind me of BO the moment I put it on (like baby powder).
- Tweezerman Rose Gold Eyelash Curler – so I could feel fancy.
- CVS brand eye makeup remover -cheap.
- Revlon ColorStay liquid liner – an easy-to-use eyeliner.
- Dermalogica mediBac clearing skin wash – I actually got this stuff at FitBlog LA last year, but then unknowingly bought the same stuff at Brazilia.
What’s in your makeup bag? One thing you can’t live without?