From our meal prep last week, London and I both felt and recognized we needed to tweak the system and add more protein. We both felt like we should be incredibly skinny based on our hunger levels. So, to feel satiated we have added more protein to breakfast and some grains to lunch. We both felt uninspired for dinner and it’s always hard to plan ahead for what will happen during the week. So we have left dinner to be determined (but if at home, probably something along the lines of a veggie saute topped with a fried egg).
This week’s menu:
Breakfast – Overnight Oat Parfait
Lunch – Pea and little gem salad with farro
Snack 2 – Fig Bars
Dinner – TBD
Overnight Oat Parfait
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4 cup rolled oats
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup strawberries, chopped
- Combine almond milk, oats and chia seeds in a mason jar.
- Cover and shake.
- After 12 hours (or once the overnight oats have set), layer with yogurt.
- Top with strawberries and serve.
Pea and little gem salad with farro (+ some)
Inspired by Bon Appetit
1/2 cup farro
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 cups little gem lettuce
1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 kumato tomato, diced
1/2 avocado, cubed
2 pinches of walnuts
1 pinch microgreens
- Cook farro according to directions (I use the 10 minute farro from Trader Joe’s).
- Whisk oil and lemon juice in a small bowl to combine; season dressing with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl or container, add farro, lettuce, peas, tomatoes and avocado. Toss with dressing.
- Top with walnuts and microgreens.
- Serve with your choice of protein.