This dinner was actually inspired by the outside of the tuna burger box, haha. One night I was walking around Whole Foods trying to figure out what do I make? So I decided to try a new kind of burger. I stopped in the frozen seafood aisle and saw my options of salmon, mahi mahi or yellowfin tuna. I’ve had salmon burgers before, and I thought mahi mahi burgers would be pretty whatever, but I’ve never seen yellowfin tuna burgers before. So I just went with it (on an English Muffin “bun,” of course). My last question was, what do I make with this? I saw the edamame on the box and thought that was a great addition for an “asian inspired” dish, and then decided to do a light and refreshing take on a traditional slaw. Here was the result: yellowfin tuna burgers with edamame and summer slaw.
Yellowfin Tuna Burgers
Serves 2-4 people
4 Yellowfin Tuna burgers
4 English muffins
2 romaine lettuce leaves
4 Tbsp. Teriyaki Sauce, divided
- Cook burgers according to directions. Meanwhile, slice and toast the English muffins.
- Cut each romaine leaf in half.
- Divide teriyaki sauce and spread 1 Tbsp. on one half of each English muffin.
- Stack everything and serve.
6 oz cole slaw (or broccoli slaw)
1 hass avocado
1 navel orange
1/2 cup walnuts
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Peel and cut orange into segments and cube avocado.
- In a large bowl, toss everything together.