For a while, I was on the Pinterest hunt for the best banana bread. And I think I just about found it. To me, the best thing in this world, on anything (besides ice cream), is a streusel topping. Pair that with a filling of layered chocolate chips and spiced banana cake, and you have yourself a win (or the best banana bread!). Bake this in a disposable banana bread mold, wrap in cellophane and tie up with some bakers twine, and this makes the perfect holiday/housewarming/birthday gift!
Banana Bread with Chocolate Chip Streusel
From A Cook At Heart
2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 large egg
3 very ripe mashed bananas
3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5-inch metal loaf pan.
- For streusel – stir chocolate chips, brown sugar, and walnuts together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Sift all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt into medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter, and egg in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in mashed bananas and milk. Add dry ingredients and blend well.
- Spread half of batter in loaf pan. Sprinkle with half of streusel. Repeat with remaining batter and streusel.
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool loaf in pan on rack.