Ok, so I went a little gung-ho crazy at Trader Joe’s yesterday, stocking up on some healthy/paleo snacks for my trip to New Orleans this upcoming weekend to week. Of course I won’t be able to go and not have a beignet or two, but I just wanted to make sure that I had some healthy alternatives to reach for either on the plane or during the conference. And you know what they say, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail! Below are some whole ingredient products that don’t need refrigeration and should withstand some heat and movement.
- Apples and nut butter – I love a big, crisp and juicy apple. Pairing this with a variety of different nut butters prevents this snack from getting dull.
- LARABAR – With minimal ingredients (primarily composed of a date and nut mixture), these have been my go-to energy bars since starting the Whole30. This is a good alternative for something sweet with options like Apple Pie and Chocolate Coconut Chew!
- Nuts – Just good ol’ dry roasted, unsalted macadamia and hazelnuts. These have quickly become a new addiction.
- Unsulfured and unsweetened dried fruit – Apple rings, pineapple rings, and dried cherries with no sulfur dioxide and no added sugar. I love throwing these with some nuts for a homemade trail-mix of sorts.
- Roasted Plantain Chips – I haven’t had these before, but the only ingredients were plantains, sunflower oil, salt – they sound pretty safe.
How do you eat healthy on the road and on-the-go?