Before we left on our Jtree trip, I made a menu that tried to roll over ingredients from dinner to breakfast to condense our load and pantry. No room for excess/full bottles of condiments and booze!
We made this for the ULTIMATE pre-hike, hearty, loungy Sunday camping brunch. Basically…we killed the camp food game! Honestly, if I had a restaurant I would serve this to you. So give it a shot, camping or at home, and let me know what you think!
Savory Breakfast Oats
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cup water
2 Italian sausages (pre-cooked)
1 container sliced baby bella mushrooms
1/4 cup feta cheese
- Boil water and add oats. Cook until water is absorbed.
- Separately, simmer the mushrooms until cooked.
- Heat the sausages until internally warm. Cut into slices.
- Cube avocado and crumble feta.
- When you’re almost ready to serve, cook eggs. We tried to make these a little runny, but they kind of steamed all the way through.
- Evenly divide between two plates and layer oatmeal, mushrooms, sausages, avocado, cheese and egg.